We Are Excited to Welcome You Back to Fairchild
Timed Tickets Available: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Visits limited to two hour blocks: 10:00 a.m.; 12:00 p.m.; 2:00 p.m.
Select times for seniors and individuals who identify as vulnerable.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 7:00 – 9:00 a.m.
Limited tickets available.
Face coverings must be worn at all times (certain restrictions apply)
Please read the policies contained here carefuly as they're designed to ensure your safety as well as that of our staff and volunteers.
Please note that when you visit Fairchild, you agree to comply with all of our policies.
- Free for Fairchild Members!
- $25 General Admission Adults
- $18 General Admission Seniors
- Memorial Day Weekend Only: All Kids are Free!
Get Your Tickets Now!
(Members Reserve Your Tickets Here)
(Not a Member? Purchase Your Ticket Here)
Not a Fairchild Member or need to renew your Membership in order to visit for free?
Join or Renew Now
The Shop at Fairchild is Open
The Shop at Fairchild is now open. We are implementing a one-way route, limiting guest capacity, and providing the necessary protections to ensure that social distance is maintained between you and our associates while checking out. Spaces are marked to make it easy for you to wait in line and maintain social distance. We are also providing contactless checkout.
We are offering early store hours for seniors and individuals who identify as vulnerable.
Monday, Wednesday and Friday
8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
All other days
10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Prefer to shop online? Visit our Shop and have your items shipped. You can also collect them curbside.
Visit our online Shop now!
Important Information for a Safe and Enjoyable Visit
Miami-Dade County has implemented its New Normal Plan, which includes a phased reopening of various business. Parks, open spaces and public gardens are open to provide citizens the essential support of being outdoors among the fresh air.
Fairchild is open to both members and the general public. All members and nonmembers must obtain an online ticket to visit the Garden. For everyone's safety, we are offering very limited ticket times. Times reserve very quickly. We may add additional times at a later date.
Members: Please note the change in our admission process. Each person visiting under your membership category must reserve a ticket. For example, if you have a Family Membership, you will need to reserve an online timed ticket for each individual visiting under your allowable number of guests, including children. Anyone who does not have a ticket will not be permitted to enter. Please be prepared to show your Fairchild Membership card along with your ticket reservation upon arrival.
All guests (members and general public): You will be required to list each visitor by name, including children of all ages. Please add the name of each person in your party in the comments field when reserving or purchasing your online ticket.
Garden Route, Closed Exhibits, Restrooms and Reducing Touch Surfaces
For both your safety and enjoyment, we have implemented a one-way route, which is designed to get you walking in the fresh air and enjoying the beauty of the Garden. The entire route is approximately two miles long, but there are multiple exits along the path. Please note that this is an entirely walking experience.
Please plan your visit with these precautions in mind: For added safety we have removed as many touch surfaces as possible, have limited seating along the path and have fewer-than-normal restrooms available. Similarly, our water fountains and water coolers are not available. All interior and interactive exhibits remain closed, and we are not offering tram tours.
We are providing very limited priority shuttle service for those individuals requiring additional assistance.
Policies for a Safe and Enjoyable Experience
We are following all recommended policies issued by Miami-Dade County, the Florida Department of Health in Miami-Dade County and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to ensure the health and safety of our guests, staff and volunteers.
Please be aware that Miami-Dade County has implemented a “no warning” policy: any guest deemed not to be complying with all stated policies will be politely escorted to the nearest exit and asked to leave Fairchild.
Please make yourself familiar with the following safety guidelines and policies ahead of your visit.
Visiting the Garden
- Arrival and admission through the North Entrance.
- Parking in the Lowlands Parking Field only. Follow directional signage upon arrival.
- Please present your electronic or paper ticket to the staff attendant to be admitted into the parking field. If you're a Member, please have your membership card ready to present.
- Please follow the designated parking spacing to ensure that appropriate social distances are maintained.
- While waiting in line to enter, you must maintain the recommended social distance of 6 feet. Areas are marked.
- You must santize your hands before entering the Garden, restrooms, the Shop, before exiting, etc. You will find sanitation stations throughout the Garden.
- You will have two hours from the start of your reserved time to enjoy the Garden. Please arrive on time as we cannot extend your visit. Times are not transferrable. If you miss your time, we cannot readmit you later.
- You will be required to depart at the end of your timed visit.
- You will be required to maintain the designated one-way route at all times.
- You will be required to maintain the social distance of six feet between visitors at all times, except for families currently residing in the same dwelling.
- If you need to pass other guests while on the path, please give sufficient social distance spacing.
- For safety purposes, there are fewer than normal restroom facilities available for use.
- For your safety, water fountains/water stations are not available. We recommend bringing your own water.
- For your comfort, please remember to bring sunscreen, hats and bug spray.
- For your safety, The Glasshouse Café remains closed. We recommend bringing any light snacks you may need.
- Only individuals living in the same dwelling may picnic together.
- For your safety and in an effort to minimize touch surfaces, only a few benches are available along the path.
- For your safety, tram tours are suspended.
- Gloves or face coverings must not be dropped on the grounds; there are trash receptacles where you can deposit any garbage.
Not Permitted During Your Visit
- Skating, rollerblading, scootering or skateboarding
- Throwing garbage on the grounds
- Violating policies
Encouraged During Your Visit
- Enjoying the Garden, which was founded in 1938
- Marveling at the beauty of the plant world
- Identifying birds, insects, butterflies, trees, plants, and more!
- Taking lots of pictures and sharing with friends and family. And even a few for your screen lock!
- Sitting on the lawns and feeling the cool grass
- Enjoying a lovely picnic with your family (but only with those with whom you're currently in quarantine!)
- Experiencing the only tropical rainforest in the continental US
- Walking through the Garden and knowing that hundreds of thousands of school children call Fairchild their classroom each year; and that BioTECH High School at Fairchild -- the only botany high school in the wold -- is graduating botanists
- Counting the thousands of orchids that make-up the National Orchid Garden
- Knowing that you, too, can become a citizen scientists by joining The Million Orchid Project and Connect to Protect initiatives
- Experiencing one of the largest palm and cycad collections in the world!
- Seeing all the new plantings, pathways and exhibits that we've just completed
- Connecting with our wonderful staff and volunteers who have worked tirelessly to reopen the Garden safely for you (but, remember to keep social distance!)
- Sitting in the Arboretum and enjoying a quiet, contemplative moment
- Standing at the Bailey Palm Glade or the Overlook and looking east toward Key Biscayne
- Realizing that Fairchild’s landscape design was created by the same team who created Central Park in NYC
- Appreciating that the great cities of the world (London, NYC, Paris, Singapore, etc.) all have renowned botanical gardens, and knowng that Miami does, too
- Learning that we are Miami’s first cultural institution
- Becoming a Member (if you're not already)
- Understanding that you're in one of the world's Great Botanical Gardens
Ticket Information Reminders
Limited tickets available for the following timed visits
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
12:00 – 2:00 p.m.
2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
We are offering select times for seniors and individuals who identify as vulnerable.
Monday, Wednesday and Friday
7:00 – 9:00 a.m.
- Tickets must be reserved in advance.
- Ticket reservations available online only. Box offices are closed.
- Limited tickets available.
- No ticket reservation. No Entry.
- No walk ups. No exception.
- Timed visits only.
- Your reservation is good for the reserved two hours only.
- All guests must be listed in the reservation/ticket.
- Tickets are not transferrable; times are not transferrable. If you miss your timed visit, we cannot readmit you later.
- Tickets rain or shine
- Tickets non-refundable
These policies will help ensure your safety and the safety of the other visiting guests, staff and volunteers. We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to your visit.
Members and General Admission:
Get Your Tickets Now
Join or Renew Your Membership Now
Give to our COVID-19 Recovery Fund
Download Visitor Map
From the CDC: Understanding COVID-19 Symptoms
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms as outlined by the CDC or have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive with COVID-19, you will not be permitted to visit the Garden.
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms or combinations of symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Or at least two of these symptoms:
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell