Mango and Tropical Fruit Festival at Fairchild!
Featuring the Mangos of Haiti!
Join us on Saturday and Sunday, July 14 and 15, 2018 for Miami's most celebrated summertime event. This year festures the mangos of Haiti along with other tropical fruit, many of which are not commonly available.
The weekend is packed with tropical gardening fun, including mango and fruit trees for sale; classes and advice on how to grow them; cooking demonstrations on how to use fresh Florida fruit in your own dishes (especially the MANGO); our ever-popular mango tasting; sellers of all kinds of garden-related goodies, jewelry, candles, soaps, crafts, and more; vendors with food of all kinds; beer tasting; live music; activities for kids and so much more!
The Mango Festival is included with the price of admission to the Garden.
Free for Fairchild Members
Seniors (age 65 and up): $18
Children (ages 6-17): $12
Free for children 5 and younger
Buy Mango Fest Tickets Now
Join today and save on the ticket price!
Become a Fairchild Member now to enjoy free admission to all of our Festivals and so much more!
Become a Fairchild Member
Happening all weekend:
Mango and Tropical Fruit Tasting and Evaluations sponsored by EcoRipe
Fairchild selects the finest quality mangos and other troical fruits, ripened to perfection and freshly cut for your tasting, cut fresh every day, all available for tasting. Help us decide which tropical fruit will reign supreme this year. (Supplies limited, while supplies last), $2 per person.
Located in the Corbin Education Building Room A
Mangos and Tropical Fruit Display
Experience the largest mango and tropical fruit collection in the world! Our staggering display offers a beautiful journey through genetic differences within mangos as well as other tropical fruits featured in this year's festival. Learn how fruit colors, shapes and aromas differ from region to region. You are sure to see some very unusual shapes, colors and textures in these unusual tropical fruits from around the globe.
Located in the Garden House
Tropical and Rare Fruit Tree Sales
Shop our unparalled selection of Curator's Choice Mango Trees while supplies last. The Rare Fruit Council International will be selling the rarest fruit trees and plants so you too can have a tropical oasis in your backyard. Experts will be on hand with your selection. Click here for a list of our 2018 Mango Trees for sale.
Located in the Palmetum
Fairchild Education Station
Dr. David Fairchild explored the world in search of tasty tropical fruits. Along his journeys, he found the mango. At the KidWay, learn about mango and other fruits brought over by Fairchild through hands-on interactive activities. Face painting, arts and much more.
Food, Music, and Vendors
Located on the Garden House Lawn and along the Tram Path
Tropical Beer Garden
Sample a refreshing tropical brew, sponsored by:
Saturday, July 14:
Lectures & Cooking Demos
• 11:00 a.m. The Mangos of Haiti, Dr. Noris Ledesma, FTBG (Located in the Arts Center)
• 11:00 a.m. Mango Tres Leches!, Cindy Hutson (Ortanique on the Mile) (Located in Cycad Vista tent)
• 12:00 p.m. Mango: Rainbow of Flavors, Dr. Mericel Priscilla (Located in the Arts Center)
• 12:00 p.m. Cauliflower Tempura with Mango Chili Sauce!, Johnathon Gambino (Three Sisters Farm) (Located in Cycad Vista tent)
• 1:00 p.m. World Mango Production and the European Mango Market, Dr. Victor Galan, Spain (Located in the Arts Center)
• 1:00 p.m. Jackie Gadala (Superfuzion LLC) (Located in Cycad Vista tent)
• 2:00 p.m. Growing Avocados in Naples, Steve Brandy, Naples Botanical Garden, USDA (Located in the Arts Center)
• 3:00 p.m. Growing Jackfruit in my Backyard, Robert Lawracy (Located in the Arts Center)
Tropical Morning Tasty Bite-Size Samples:
Sample delicious bites incorporating tropical fruits in the mix from local vendors and caterers.
Located in the Garden House, 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Sunday, July 15:
• 20th Annual Mango Brunch
Fairchild's 20th Annual Mango Brunch is a tasty tribute to the most delicious of tropical fruits and is held in conjunction with the Mango & Tropical Fruit Festival. Join some of South Florida's greatest chefs as they prepare their best mango dishes for you.
The Mango Brunch is not only a delicious fête, it is also an important fundraiser for the Garden to support the work of the Tropical Fruit Program, which continues the pioneering work of Dr. David Fairchild, founder of the Foreign Seed and Plant Introduction Division of the United States Department of Agriculture. We are committed to his far-reaching goals for the collection, conservation, curation and distribution of superior tropical fruit from the Americas and Asia.
For more information or to buy brunch tickets, go here.
Lectures & Cooking Demos
• 11:00 a.m. Growing Mangos in South Florida, Dr. Noris Ledesma, FTBG (Located in the Arts Center)
• 11:00 a.m. Chef Rose Flynn (The vShops at Choices Cafe) (Located in the Cycad Vista Tent)
• 12:00 p.m. Rare Fruits in South Florida, Dr. Matt Snow, (Rare Fruit Council) (Located in the Arts Center)
• 12:00 p.m. Taylor Cohen (Adashah) (Located in the Cycad Vista Tent)
• 1:00 p.m. All about Avocados, Jeff Wasielewski, (UF/IFAS Extension Miami-Dade County) (Located in the Arts Center)
• 1:00 p.m. Mango Crisp with Coconut Cream! Mariana Cortez (Bunnie Cakes) (Located in the Cycad Vista Tent)
• 2:00 p.m. Top 5 Fruit Trees for South Florida, Erik Teitig, (Pine Island Nursery) (Located in the Arts Center)
• 3:00 p.m. Yard Tropical Fruit Salad, Warren Condon (Located in the Arts Center)
The World-Famous Mango Auction
Enjoy the excitement of the world's only mango auction and bid on your favorite mangos. What will be the best mango variety available at this year's auction? Stop in to find out and experience this truly unique auction.
Located in the Garden House, 2:00 p.m.
Get inspired to cook with mango! Check out our video for Rainbow Mango Salad with Salmon:
The Mango Festival is located in Coral Gables, Florida, about 10 miles south of Miami International Airport. Detailed driving directions can be found here. Nearby hotels include Miami Dadeland Hotel (call hotel for discounted rate and shuttle service offered to FTBG guests), Sonesta Coconut Grove, The Biltmore Hotel, and the Miami Marriott Dadeland.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Become a sponsor today!
International Mango Conference at Fairchild
Mango conference is the Friday before the Festival. Read about it here.
Friday, July 13, 2018, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Convert your admission toward a Fairchild Membership
We're sure you'll enjoy your the Mango Festival and your visit to the Garden, so we've made it easy for you to apply the price of your admission toward a membership on the day of your visit. Any of our friendly admission personnel can assist you during your visit. Click here to learn about becoming a member.
We offer various discounts, click here to learn more.
Press and Media Inquiry
Please contact Maureen Tan, Public Relations Manager at 305.667.1651, ext. 3392 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow this event on: