When: Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:00 PM to Thursday, February 13, 2014 11:00 PM
Make Fairchild your destination for Thursday evenings! Join us on select Thursday nights from December through May 2014.
Bring your family and friends to enjoy exciting activities including:
- Enriching lectures led by Fairchild experts and special guests on topics ranging from art to conservation to butterflies.
- Moonlight tours of the Garden (January, February and March)
- Sunset yoga classes with Rina Yoga (for moonlight tours)
- Star-gazing with the Southern Cross Astronomical Society (for moonlight tours)
- Live music by guitarist Rob Friedman (for moonlight tours)
- The Shop at Fairchild will be open during lectures and moonlight tours
February 13, 2014 (Members’ Lecture & Moonlight Tour)
- Chad Husby, Collections Manager and Botanist, Montgomery Botanical Center
- Brett Jestrow, Herbarium Curator, FTBG
- Jason Lopez, Living Collection Manager, FTBG
- From the Caribbean to the Pacific and Back Again: Exploring for plants in the 21st century
- Despite centuries of exploration and horticulture, many of the world's beautiful, unique and scientifically important tropical plants have never been grown in a garden, or are little known in cultivation. Working as a team from two major botanic gardens and partnering with talented colleagues around the world, the presenters have brought back hundreds of new tropical plants to enhance botany and horticulture in South Florida. They will discuss their adventures on the islands of Hispaniola and Hawaii, and some of the exciting new plants they collected.
Admission is free for Fairchild Members and children 5 and younger.
Non-members: $25 for adults, $18 for seniors 65 and up and $12 for children 6-17.