Bring Your Pooch to Howl-O-Ween at Fairchild on October 31th!
Don’t miss out on one of the only days of the year that guests can bring their pooch to Fairchild—Wednesday, October 31, 2012. At Fairchild’s Howl-o-ween event, now in its fourth year, guests can take advantage of a great opportunity to enjoy special activities just for pups as they parade through Fairchild’s lush surroundings all the while showing off their Halloween costumes. Guests and their dog can hop on a special 1:00 p.m. doggy tram ride too!!
Enjoy samplings of 100% natural food and treats including doggie beer courtesy of Pepe Le Pooche Resort & Spa pet boutique. Get in on their raffle for a free grooming and products boutique offering unique styles for your pooch, personalized collars, leather leashes, and much more! Shake Shack will be giving away Pooch-ini® comp cards redeemable at local Shake Shack locations. Pooch-ini is a chilly treat for those with four feet featuring ShackBurger® dog biscuits, peanut butter sauce and vanilla frozen custard.
Now that‘s something to wag your tail about!
- To protect our plant collections, please keep your dogs on the path or on grassy areas. Dogs are not permitted to walk onto planting beds.
- Dogs must be current on all vaccinations and have a current rabies tag attached to their collar.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times and under the control of their handlers. Do not unleash your dog at any time.
- Dog handlers are required to clean-up after their dogs. Dog handlers must use "doggie bags" and dispose of them in the designated receptacles.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted in the garden. Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden reserves the right to refuse entry to, or remove, any dog thought to be dangerous to visitors or other dogs.
- Dogs in heat are prohibited from entering the garden.
- Most importantly, we ask that you use good judgment on all matters concerning your dog. This will ensure an enjoyable and safe visit for you and your best pal.
About Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden
Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden is dedicated to exploring, explaining and conserving the world of tropical plants. Considered the greatest tropical botanic garden in the world, Fairchild exhibits some of the tropical world‘s rarest and most beautiful plants within the tapestry of an iconic landscape design. Fairchild is a one of the world‘s best science, conservation and education-based gardens and a recognized international leader in both Florida and international conservation. It has conservation programs in over 20 countries throughout the tropical world including the Indonesia, South America, the Caribbean, and Southeast Asia. Fairchild’s palm and cycad collections are considered the best collections in the world and are nationally recognized by the American Public Gardens Association. It is also home to the American Orchid Society. The Fairchild Challenge is the largest science-based education program in the U.S. reaching more than 150,000 schoolchildren. Fairchild hosts popular events like the Chocolate, Mango, Orchid, Food and Garden, Ramble and Edible Garden Festivals, as well as an internationally acclaimed Art Program, GardenMusic Festival, concerts, plant shows and sales, and evening events and is the cultural and community hub in South Florida. Fairchild is a not-for-profit organization with 45,000 members and over 1,200 volunteers. Fairchild is located at 10901 Old Cutler Road, Coral Gables, Florida, 33156. Admission is $25 for adults, $18 for seniors, $12 for children 6-17 and free to children 5 and under and Fairchild members. Information at www.fairchildgarden.org and on Facebook and Twitter.