Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden and Shoots and Roots Bitters Present:
"BOTANY AT THE BAR"—BOOK LAUNCH PARTY AND COCKTAIL HOUR
Launch of "Evening at the Garden" part of Fairchild's new Culinary Division
Ever wondered what bitters really are?
Interested in making eclectic and biodiverse bitters of your own?
Looking for new ways to use the bitters you have?
Interesting in learning more about flavor and medicinal properties of interesting plants, and enjoy botanically themed cocktails on the veranda?
Curious to experience the wonders of Fairchild Tropical Botanical Garden in the evening?
Join us, Thursday, July 18!
- 6:00 p.m. to 7:00: Author talk in the Garden Cafe on the science, history, and uses of bitters from around the world with Q&A.
- 7:00 p.m. to 8:00: Cocktails on the veranda featuring original recipes from the book, and interactive activities on the science of taste.
- Experience the wonders of the garden at night!
About the Book
Mixing plenty of botanical knowledge, science and lore with a generous dose of recipes for bitters, cocktails, syrups and shrubs, "Botany at the Bar" aims to bring biodiversity into the beverage. This DIY recipe book featuring over 200 plants is a departure from all other cocktail books by putting the plants first. The scientific method is the base for experimentation that will yield delicious and memorable cocktails. This book was written to empower people passionate about plants and food to branch out, explore and experiment with beverages, and provide them the tools to test, trial and taste their own creations.
- Garden Admission, Book Talk and Cocktail Hour—$45
- Garden Admission, Book Talk, Cocktail Hour and Signed Hardcover Book—$60