High School Internships
Fairchild offers 6-week paid summer internships for Fairchild Challenge high school students interested in plant biology, ecology, conservation or horticulture. Interns will be given a unique opportunity to work with researchers in Fairchild's state-of-the-art laboratories and contribute to real-world botanical studies.
Our online application is now open! View flyer for more details.
Undergraduate and Graduate Internships
We are currently seeking Environmental Education Interns for the 2019-2020 school year!
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in leading the volunteer teams that teach the field trips for K-12th grade students
- Learning and teaching program material
- Assisting with daily set up, clean up, and program maintenance
Interns will report to the Education Department Field Studies Coordinator. Interns will chose a project area to help with program tracking, evaluation, or standards alignment. Candidates must be able to commit to at least one, but ideally two programs per week for fall and/or spring semester. Programs run from 9am-1pm. These are unpaid positions; however community service and/or credit hours are available.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Sara Zajic at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Internship Opportunities
Marketing interns handle a wide range of responsibilities surrounding the programs and platforms managed by Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden's Marketing Department. Interns gain hands-on marketing experience by helping plan, prepare and execute marketing events.
For Marketing Internship Opportunities, please contact email@example.com.
- Social Media Intern–
- Assist with building content calendar based on strategy
- Assist with writing post content
- Assist with coordinating visuals
- Manage in Hootsuite and track analytics to make real time changes
- Boost posts
- Community management – respond to our followers
- Asking for 8-10 hour weekly commitment
- Photography and Videography Intern –
- Editing skills needed
- Present at events
- On-Going to fill content needs
- Must have personal editing equipment
- Photography: 1-2 hours weekly commitment with 1-2 hour commitment per event
- Vidiography: 4 hours weekly commitment with 12 hour commitment per event
- Reputation Management Intern –
- Responding to our customer reviews
- Flexible scheduling and work location
- 1-2 hour commitment per day
- Animation Intern –
- If you have interest in creating animations of Fairchild programs or info graphics, contact us nfor more information.
- Must have own animation software and personal equipment
- Flexible scheduling