Seasonal Visitor Services Associate (P/T)
This is a seasonal position running November 1, 2018 through May 31, 2019. Hours scheduled will vary, usually 16 to 25 hours per week, and will include primarily weekend shifts.
- Sales of memberships, tickets, store merchandise, and coffee/snacks. The candidate will be required to meet minimum sales goals as a condition of employment.
- Providing outstanding customer service to Garden guests, including but not limited to greeting, encouraging membership, assisting with purchases, and providing Garden information.
- Merchandising and stocking.
- Performing inventory counts and Shop tasks as assigned.
- Performing departmental clerical tasks as assigned and answering the phone.
- Substituting in other areas of the department as scheduled, including driving Garden vehicles and opening/closing kiosks with water stations. Driving the tram is a requirement of the position (CDL license not required).
- Position will require sitting, standing, bending, lifting, and driving. The ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds, with occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, is required.
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule, including day shifts, night shifts, weekends, and holidays
- A commitment to superior customer service
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills
- Cash handling, sales, and customer service experience preferred
- The ability to work both inside and outside in a variety of weather conditions
- Valid Driver’s License
The salary is $10 per hour. To apply for this position, please email a resume to email@example.com or fax it to 305.663.4944. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
This position will assist in delivering environmental science-based educational programming to elementary and/or secondary students at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden. Programs run weekly during the school year from 9:30 am – 1:00 pm; must be able to commit to at least one day per week (during program hours) for fall and/or spring semester. Preference will be given to those who are available September – May.
Note: Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis
Candidates must submit a resume, brief cover letter, and application to Amy Padolf, Director of Education.