Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden is a cultural attraction that has world class programs in education, science, horticulture and art and offers beautiful displays and natural habitats for both people and wildlife to enjoy.
Please help us protect and maintain the Garden by observing the following:
• Fairchild is a tobacco-free environment. No smoking is allowed on garden property, including all buildings, grounds, restrooms and parking lots.
• For their safety, please supervise children at all times. It is recommended that children under 14 be accompanied by an adult.
• Stay on pathways and mowed lawn areas. We encourage you to get close to our amazing plants; smell their flowers, feel their trunks, and read their labels, but please do not walk on top of plants. Walking on open, mulched areas is permitted.
• Enjoying the Garden is best done at a leisurely pace. Please do not run in the Garden.
• We ask that you speak softly in the Garden so that you may enjoy the various sounds of nature.
• Enjoy the trees but please do not climb on them. Skating, sports or games are discouraged.
• Please leave flowers and plants for everyone to enjoy; therefore, do not collect or remove seeds, flowers, fruits, plant labels, etc.
• Please do not wade or swim in ponds, streams or other water features.
• Service animals for the disabled are permitted. Pets are not permitted.
• Please do not feed or handle the wildlife. It can be harmful to them—and you.
• Please be mindful of vehicles.
• Protect yourself from the sun, bugs and dehydration, particularly in warmer months.
• We care about the environment. Please dispose of waste in designated receptacles or recycle bins when appropriate. Please do not litter.
• The Garden provides benches throughout the grounds for resting.
• For safety, please keep your personal items with you at all times. Fairchild cannot be held responsible for missing items. If you recover an item on the grounds that does not belong to you, please turn it in to the staff in the Visitor Center.
• Visitors are permitted to take pictures and video for their own personal use only. Please do not block pathways or access for other visitors with tripods or monopods. Please check Fairchild’s Photo Policy in advance for rules and restrictions regarding all other types of photography.
• Strollers, wheelchairs and power chairs are permitted in the Garden.
• Shirts and shoes are required at all times.
• Firearms are not permitted.
• Two-wheeled scooters, bicycles or skate boards are not permitted.
The rights of other visitors to enjoy the garden must always be respected. The Garden reserves the right to ask a visitor to leave for inappropriate or offensive behavior. Visitors will be held liable for any damage to Garden property.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.