Fairchild provides equal access and equal opportunity in presenting services and does not discriminate on the basis of disability. It is our policy to comply with all the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. We make every effort to accommodate our visitors with disabilities so that your experience is an enjoyable one. It is our intention to make Fairchild a fully enjoyable experience for all of our guests without exception.
To that end we:
- offer disabled parking at our various parking areas. During some events additional disabled parking is designated in the Lowlands Parking Field.
- have wheelchairs available for loan at no charge on a first-come, first-served basis at all of the entry points to the Garden.
- ensure accessibility to all of our exhibits.
- offer accessible paths to all of our buildings.
- ensure that our Trams accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- ensure that our Trams are equipped with assisted listening aids.
- offer accessible restrooms in every public building, including the Visitor Center, AP Arts Building, Corbin Education Building, Garden House, and Glasshouse Café.
- offer shuttle service to guests with disabilities. Shuttles provide transportation from one location to another within the Garden. Please inquire about shuttle service availability at entrance locations.
For additional information or any special requests, please contact Patty Kelly, Director of Admissions and Guest Relations, at email@example.com or 305-667-1651, ext. 3328.