Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, one of the world's prestigious tropical gardens and a place of inspiration and beauty, is dedicated to conservation and education. The 83-acre garden was founded in 1938 and named after Dr. David Fairchild, the nation's foremost economic botanist and plant explorer. Today our conservation work focuses on South Florida and more than 20 countries throughout the world.
In 1967, the Fairchild Fellows were established to support Fairchild's research, education and conservation work. This group of distinguished philanthropists continues to provide the resources that enable us to grow one of the world's greatest botanic gardens.
Fairchild's programs in education, conservation and tropical horticulture are recognized internationally for their excellence and innovation. Our botanic garden is an engine for change, delivering benefits in our South Florida neighborhoods, gardens and schools as well as with our partners beyond in remote villages, research centers, botanic gardens and protected areas in the tropical world.
Learn more about the Fairchild Fellows Circle and the members that share in the founder's vision for the continuing growth of Fairchild as an important resource in the botanical world.