Graduate Fellowships in Tropical Plant Biology and Conservation
We invite incoming and current Ph.D. candidates to apply for Fairchild's Graduate Fellowship Program in Tropical Plant Biology and Conservation. Our unique fellowship program offers:
- up to three years of financial support to work with our award winning education program, The Fairchild Challenge
- admission into university courses taught at Fairchild
- access to our world-renowned tropical plant collection
- training in the core disciplines that contribute to conservation biology, such as systematics, ecology, evolutionary biology, and genetics
- opportunities for applied projects that make a difference in protecting tropical biodiversity and the lives of people dependent on this diversity
We are seeking early career science and research professionals who are interested or attending one of Miami’s top universities studying biology, ecology or environmental science. Student should have completed a masters level program at an accredited university and be interested in studying tropical biodiversity.
We offer an attractive educational package including potential support for field work, laboratory research expenses, and attendance to conferences to present research findings. Talented individuals with a passion for tropical plants are encouraged to apply.
Our program offers up to three years of support. During those years, students serve as part-time assistants in our education programs, helping to coordinate the Fairchild Challenge and K-12 teacher training programs. For the right kind of student, our program can provide fantastic opportunities for developing skills in science education and public outreach.
Graduate students are encouraged to use our world-class plant collections and facilities. Our new labs are stocked with basic supplies to get students up and running. On a competitive basis, supported students can apply for travel and research funds from Fairchild.
Administrator of Graduate Studies at Fairchild
Amy Padolf, Director of Education - email@example.com
How To Apply
How to Apply