Volunteer Services Data Base and Communications Coordinator
Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden seeks a full-time Data Base and Communications Coordinator in its Volunteer Services Department. Candidates should have a minimum of two years of experience working with volunteers in a garden or cultural organization, preferably in a supervisory capacity, and have experience with data base management. Suitable candidates should be organized and possess excellent communications skills. The position requires a flexible schedule and the ability to work weekdays and weekends, with occasional evenings as needed. Must be comfortable multi-tasking and working closely with people in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills.
- Proficiency with data base and spread sheet software is required; experience with Volgistics or similar software preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking experience.
- The ability to assimilate and communicate information accurately and efficiently.
- Highly energetic and cooperative; ability to work independently and as team member.
- Ability and desire to work both in an office and in an outdoor setting.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Serve on the Volunteer Services team, managing all database functions related to the recruitment, training, recognizing, tracking and generating reports on more than one thousand volunteers annually.
- Coordinate and facilitate staff and volunteer database training; develop policies and procedures for utilizing the database; provide support to database users.
- Assist with creating and delivering volunteer training.
- Assist with meeting the daily needs of volunteers.
- Prepare a monthly electronic newsletter and annual training calendar.
- With Director of Volunteer Services, plan annual recognition event.
- Manage the department budget.
- Assist with scheduling and management of volunteers during festivals and special events.
- Maintain correspondence in selected areas.
- Manage office volunteers.
- Assist with other duties as needed.
Please send a cover letter, resume and a 100-word description of your leadership experience to the Director of Volunteer Services, Fairchild Tropical Botanic. These documents may be submitted by fax to 305-661-8953, or by email to email@example.com no later than March 12, 2014. Applications will be reviewed and selected candidates interviewed until the position is filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Compliance with ADA/Drug-free Workplace.