We're Glad You're Visiting!
Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden is truly a unique place, and we're so glad you've chosen to visit. Here you can walk garden paths surrounded by the wonders and beauty of nature, talk to experts in horticulture and conservation science, experience an exceptional sculpture garden, see butterflies and birds at every turn, experience our butterfly and hummingbird exhibit, Wings of the Tropics, and take classes on everything from photography to grafting. Walking the grounds will introduce you to a large variety of tropical plants and their amazing array of sizes, shapes and colors. The Garden includes many exhibits and collections as well as native habitats brought together in a unified landscape design that flows from one area to another.
Preparing for Your Visit
Here are a few tips to make your visit to Fairchild more memorable.
- There's lots to do during your visit; you should allow three hours or more if you plan to enjoy the entire Garden.
- Fairchild is in the tropics, you should dress comfortably.
- We offer many guided and self-guided tours.
- You can enjoy a free, narrated tram tour of the Garden.
- Protect yourself from the sun; hats and sunscreen are encouraged.
- Consider bringing bug spray.
- Throughout the Garden, benches can be found for moments of rest and enjoyment.
- Stay hydrated. Water fountains are located throughout the Garden. Most water fountains can easily refill water bottles, and we offer complimentary water stations at our various information stations throughout the Garden.
- Bring you camera or use your smartphone to capture the wonderment of your experience.
- We have two restaurants, The Glasshouse Cafe and The Lakeside Cafe, that offer uniquely tropical fare or, if you prefer, you can bring food with you.
- The Shop at Fairchild has snacks and sundries available, should you need.
- Our etiquette and general policies ensure that all of our guests have a memorable experience.
Unmatched Visitor Service and Experience
Your experience during your visit to Fairchild is our main priority. Our staff and volunteers are on-hand to ensure every minute of your visit is purely enjoyable. Guaranteed.
Fairchild is fully accessible for individuals with disabilities. Our pathways, exhibits and collections are accessible; many of our doors have automatic opening devices; our buildings have ADA-compliant restroom facilities; our trams accommodate wheelchairs and have assisted listening devices; we provide shuttle service for individuals needing additional assistance during their visit throughout the Garden; and much more. It is our intention to make Fairchild a fully enjoyable experience for all of our guests without exception. Learn more...
Fairchild supports conservation efforts throughout the world, locally and right here in the Garden. Our sustainability management practices include fully compostable materials in our restaurants, many solar-powered vehicles, no- or low-water restroom facilities, a state-of-the-art, resource-conscious irrigation system, LED lighting throughout, use of renewable building materials, a comprehensive recycling program, efficient and smart electronics throughout the Garden, LEED-level construction in all new buildings, low emission tram vehicles, natural pest maintenance, and much more.