Annually for the the past 76 years, we have has distributed plants to Fairchild Members for use in their South Florida gardens. Once again the time has arrived for Members to enjoy an exclusive benefit of membership.
Through the years, Fairchild's Horticulture staff have observed, evaluated, and introduced beautiful, interesting, and diverse trees, shrubs, vines and groundcovers to the community. A concerted effort has been made to identify plants that are well adapted to our climate and soils, are non-invasive, and will provide a welcome addition to the gardens of South Florida. There is an emphasis on uncommonly available or rare native species as well as introducing more common native plants to members who want to establish their own backyard natural habitats to attract butterflies, birds and other wildlife. Plants from other lands have been observed, monitored and carefully chosen to add to the assortment of plant choices for home gardens.
Want to learn more about the Member's Day Plant Sale? Click here
Not Yet a Member? Need to renew before the Member's Day Plant Sale?
Need to check the status of your Membership? Login here.
Join or Renew Today!
- The Members' Day Plant Sale is for Fairchild Members only.
- Parking is available in the Lowlands Parking Field. Please enter through the North Entrance and watch for signs and staff directions. There will be shuttle service from the Lowlands Parking Field and the Visitor Center parking lot to the plant sales area.
- Parking in the lowlands opens at 7:30 a.m. You line up at Cycad Vista until the sale opens at 9:00 a.m.
- You must show your membership card to purchase Sale and Distribution Plants.
- Each membership may purchase up to four Distribution Plants (limit one per species).
- Distributions Plants will be located in numerical order according to their placement on the Distribution Plant List (see below) and are handed out to Members by knowledgeable staff and volunteers.
- You may purchase an unlimited number of Sale Plants, except for those plants with blue tags, which are limited to one per species.
- We strongly suggest that you bring a container, wagon or cart to carry your purchases to your vehicle. There will be plant valets to help you.
- Unfortunately, we cannot pre-sell, ship or hold plants for Members unable to attend.
In the days prior to the Members' Day Plant Sale and Plant Distribution, you might want to visit Fairchild to take a look at examples of the Distribution Plants. Their locations in the Garden are mentioned at the end of each description. We will also be setting up the sale area in the Palmetum during the week before the sale to give our Members time to browse the selection.
Plan an early start: lines form quickly, and while we have a good supply, it is not endless.