Top 10 Most Romantic Things to Do at Fairchild:
1. Start the day together with an Early-Bird Walk. Rise and shine, grab your binoculars, and join trained guides for an Early-Bird Walk, held 7:30-9:30 a.m. every Saturday and Sunday through February.
2. Have a picnic on the Garden House Lawn. Pack a blanket and homemade lunch and have a lovely picnic on the grass. Not sure what to make? Food is available to go at the Glasshouse Café and Lakeside Café.
3. Watch a butterfly release together. Marvel at hundreds of dazzling butterflies fluttering around you and your loved ones in the Wings of the Tropics exhibit. Newly emerged butterflies are released twice daily.
4. Take a photo in front of the Bailey Palm Glade vista. A picture is worth 1,000 words. Commemorate your visit to Fairchild with a photo in front of the picturesque and historic Bailey Palm Glade.
5. Discover new orchids in the Rainforest. Flowers are often a symbol of love. See why at the beautiful Orchid Odyssey exhibit in the Rainforest, where dozens of orchids in pinwheel colors will greet you at every turn.
6. Stroll through the Lowlands. Fresh air, sunshine, and lake vistas await your journey through the Lowlands, a 60-acre area adorned with plants collected from all over the world. Discover the Palm Grove, Jewels of the Caribbean, and the glittering Royal Palm and Center Lakes.
7. Find the perfect Valentine’s Day present. The Shop at Fairchild offers an array of botanically-themed gifts. You’re sure to find something your sweetheart will love!
8. Admire Clyde Butcher’s beautiful photography. Just in time for Valentine’s Day, Fairchild is unveiling a Florida landscape photography exhibition by renowned photographer Clyde Butcher, on view starting February 13. Bring your special someone to check out more than 30 photos, which will transport you to the most peaceful, natural areas of Florida.
9. Propose in the Sunken Garden. If you know you’ve found the one, the Sunken Garden is a lush and secluded place to propose. It features a tranquil waterfall surrounded by ferns and tropical plants, forming a beautiful setting only found in South Florida.
10. Enjoy an evening at the Valentine’s Day Concert. Spend a romantic night under the stars serenaded by Grammy-nominated vocalist Renee Olstead. Bring a lawn chair or reserve a seat at the candlelit dinner. Tickets range from $20-$175. More details are available at the Valentine’s Day Concert webpage.